VP, Product Marketing
6400 International Parkway, Suite 2500 Plano, TX 75093
VP, Product Marketing
The VP of Product Marketing reports to the SVP of Marketing and is a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team. This high-impact position will be responsible for the development and execution of product marketing strategies and plans. This leader will serve as the primary liaison between product management, sales, and marketing to ensure maximum awareness and market share within target markets.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implement a scalable, repeatable product marketing process that results in a high-impact Go-to-Market strategy with appropriate cross-functional support and readiness.
- Lead a team of high-performing product marketing managers and effectively prioritize activity and resources with a focus on activities and results that impact Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) and Marketing Influenced Leads (MIL) targets and Pipeline.
- Lead market and customer needs definition through primary research to develop differentiated value messaging and positioning. Serve as the voice of the customer and drive the findings into the product team, leadership, and deliverables. Conduct ongoing primary research through interviews, surveys, focus groups etc., to extract insight relative to win/loss analysis, product enhancements, messaging validation and the like.
- Develop and maintain the Messaging Source Document as input to all downstream marketing and sales content, translating technical features and functions into value propositions.
- Partner closely with the Demand Generation function to create ideas for campaigns and tell compelling stories that support demand generation programs and create pipeline.
- Develop a content strategy for the development and maintenance of internal and external-facing content including thought leadership assets, customer advocacy, website content, and direct and indirect sales assets including sales training, positioning, FAQs, battlecards, and more.
- Act as a company spokesperson and share the company’ s story to externally audiences including press briefings, analyst engagements, demand generation and partners events.
- Minimum of 8-10 years in technology marketing, preferably with SaaS or cloud offerings in a high-growth company. Bachelor’ s degree required in a technical or business field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Track record of product marketing success at high-growth companies with a global presence, and indirect and direct channels. Thorough understanding of product marketing processes, operations, and Go-To-Market strategy.
- Experience leading the development of effective product launches, utilizing the talents of a cross-functional group of directly managed and influenced resources to achieve success and market impact. Ability to influence the team to buy-in fully to the approach and execute goals and objectives with enthusiasm.