VMWare VDI Engineer
New York City, NY 10461
Our client in NYC is looking to add a Sr. VMWare/VDI Engineer to their team for a 12 month contract.
- Participate in architectural and engineering discussions to understand business and technical objectives, following project requirements, to develop effective automation solutions
- Leverage VMware vRA' s ecosystem via the ServiceNow PortalStrong familiarity with scripting (Unix Shell / PowerCLI / PowerShell / PERL / Python)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies, specifically VMWare vSphere, ServiceNowportal with VMware vSphere and vRealize Operations ManagerInstall, configure and manage a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure usingautomation techniques
- Provide planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vRealize Automation &vRealize Orchestrator
- Establish and maintaining service levels; perform basic troubleshooting; monitor vRealizeAutomation & vRealize Orchestrator
- Manage the health of the vRealize laaS environment and perform upgrades and maintenance asoutlined by the service contract
- Strong scripting skills - Power CLI or PowerShell ScriptingDevelop and troubleshoot Power CLI or PowerShell scripts
- 3-5 years’ experience developing content for vRealize Automation, ServiceNow Portal & developing PowerShell scripts for VMware Virtualized Infrastructure platform.
- Provide planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading support for vRealize Automation & vRealize Orchestrator
- Establish and maintaining service levels; perform basic troubleshooting; monitor vRealize Automation & vRealize Orchestrator
- Possess excellent written and communication skills
- Great attitude and teamwork.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Desirable: Working with EPIC implementation team in a Healthcare provider environment
- End-to-end administrative support for the transformation of Win 7 Infrastructure onto Horizon based VDI Infrastructure running windows 10 with linked and full clones utilizing a combination of application delivery mechanisms like VMware UEM.
- EPIC software is a major part of said transformation as well.
- Management and administration of all said systems.
- Install, configure, and manage VMware Horizon View enterprise platform
- Patch Golden images and recompose desktop pools
- Manage and troubleshoot Virtual Desktop infrastructure
- App Virtualization using VMware ThinApp, App Volumes
- Manage and administer user Personalization technology such VMware UEM
- Publish desktops and individual applications via RDSH according to the department requirements in the organization
- Knowledge of change management process and experienced in planning and executing scheduled changes
- Closely work with AD, SQL, Network, Storage Team
- Work with business clients to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow
- Desired skill: working in a Healthcare provider field with EPIC software