Technical Writer (Infrastructure)
Alpharetta, GA 30005
- Plans, develops, and maintains documentation including technical materials, reports, operations and maintenance manuals, training materials, detailed technical procedures, and other publications for internal technology teams.
- Applies journalistic interviewing techniques to develop content for written materials including conducting interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, and engineering illustrations
- Edits written material and assists in layout process by suggesting charts, illustrations, photographs, drawings, sketches, and diagrams that best illustrate the material.
- Reviews, edits, or re-writes material prepared by other writers.
- Participates in content and materials development presentations and training.
- 5+ years of experience writing documentation for software or other technical products
- Bachelor’ s degree or Associate degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in writing for different audiences; highly technical to non-technical
- Creation and utilization of various communication methods including writing, graphics, charts, diagrams, etc.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver quality projects on time and within budget.
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, listening and writing) skills are required; Results oriented individual who exhibits high energy, strategic thinking and global collaborative approach.