Technical Software Engineer
Menlo Park, CA 94025
This is a position in the Core Brokerage & Trading technology team. Candidate will be responsible for design and development of software components for high performance on-line trading systems and applications, with primary focus on trade processing related systems and applications. Candidate will need to have high energy and be highly motivated, and must have demonstrated success in a fast paced environment.
- The successful applicant will have responsibility for designing, developing and maintaining large scale software projects for the core brokerage platform.
- The candidate will get actively involved in developing new products and troubleshooting issues related to retail trading systems.
- Work with business partners as well as providing technical and procedural guidance to the project team.
- Produce detailed design specifications from functional Specification.
- Act as the lead contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- Develop business solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications.
- Utilize innovative approaches to solve complex technical problems and apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts to develop products.
- Carry out the analysis of requirements, interact with business counterparts, mentor junior members of the team, conduct full life-cycle application development, perform software modeling and simulation, build proof of concept with newer technologies and maintain code quality.
- Follow good software development practices (Functional specs, Design specs, Code reviews, Unit Test, Functional Test).Have the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in parallel, if required.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
- 5 years of Software Design and Development Experience on Linux/Unix platform
- Strong C / C++, Perl, JAVA, SQL, and Shell scripting
- Strong Skills in relational database ( preferably Sybase and Oracle)
- Strong Design Skills
- Strong skills and experience in working with high-volume highly scalable transaction processing systems
- Strong Analytical Skills with ability to understand and develop complex algorithms.
- Have experience working with IT development methodologies throughout the Software Development Cycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of object-oriented analysis and development methodology
- Experience with performance testing and tuning distributed applications
- Ability to work with the business community and be able to articulate technical solutions/challenges to the business and worth with them to come to resolution
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Must be a quick learner, a team player, and have the ability to work independently
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Experience in financial domain is a plus
- Proficiency in development of real-time distributed software systems desired