Technical Software Engineer
4500 Bohannon Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Software Engineer who will lead the technical aspects of designing, implementing, testing of various initiatives in the Core Brokerage Account Management Group. The role expects significant engineering knowledge in complex server side applications, including new feature work, improvements on existing code, and active participation in designing and shipping the product.
• Analyze, design and develop software solutions to meet business needs.
• Collaborate with internal and external technical personnel/vendors to facilitate enterprise software integration.
• Work on different software development life cycle phases and serve as a technology resource and representative for the department.
• Create technical documentation for software (design documents, handbooks, etc.).
• Perform code review and design review to ensure compliance with development standards.
• Assist with developing automated test cases and test plans for software.
• Review software requirements documentation for projects and enhancements
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• 5 to 8 years of working experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, JPA/Hibernate
• Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
• Experience writing SQL queries for Sybase / Oracle or another Relational Database is required
• Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
• Ability to use version control software such as GIT
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Working experience in C/C++, Perl & Shell Script are preferred and/or willing to learn
• Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Creative thinker, self-starter, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously