3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract To Hire
The Technical Architect must have experience building, migrating and operating applications in the Cloud using Amazon Web Services, and ideally have experience working in the identity management domain. The Technical Architect will lead the technical direction for engineering scrum teams, working with Architectural Leadership to drive the architectural vision of the platform and empowering software engineering teams across the enterprise to thrive working in an Enterprise Agile Environment.
- Collaborate with Scrum Teams, Solutions Architecture and Product to understand business priorities and goals and guide engineering through appropriate application of Technical Architecture practice
- Produce appropriate design artifacts representing desired changes in Technical Architecture
- Build consensus among technical staff by evaluating potential solutions
- Facilitate technical design reviews
- Elicit, articulate and critique functional and system requirements
- Address system quality attributes relating to application architecture, such as efficiency or availability, and recommend solutions
- Develop high-level estimates in support of business case development
- Advocate and enforce adoption of architecture standards such as technical design patterns and canonical data models
- Define and document application development principles, standards, and best practices. Ensure their adoption and usage
- Participate in application rationalization, developing multi-year application architecture roadmaps
- Work with Architects across the enterprise to evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs
- Provide technical thought leadership and guidance for empowering high performing engineering delivery teams
- Drive change, embracing and evangelizing appropriate evolution in technology and delivery
- Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively across small and large groups
- Share Enterprise Architecture knowledge with project teams, while exposing project-related architectural issues to the architecture team.
- Mentor technical resources in scrum teams, especially Senior and Lead Engineers
- Define and evangelize best practice design and modeling methodologies
- Facilitate architecture reviews within the Architecture Governance process
- Establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor with key internal and external stakeholders
- Other responsibilities as required to support the company’ s growth
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and growth through example
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 5+ years of development experience and 3+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong Java and/or .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services is a plus.
- Experience with SiteMinder, PingFederate or Cognito is a plus.
- Experience with DataPower is a plus.