Systems Engineer IV
2900 Westside Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30004
Systems Engineer IV
1. Lead cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available Linux / Java infrastructures, and managing solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), WebSphere MQ, DB2 Connect
2. Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally hosted solutions.
3. Implement solutions by writing automation processes to deploy Linux systems, application containers, and hosted applications.
4. Be a primary infrastructure interface for business unit and operations teams throughout the project lifecycle.
5. Technical leadership for project based assignments
6. Providing technical documentation to Project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
7. Script development for repeatable processes (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.)
8. Performs other duties as required
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-7 years of professional work experience in a related role.
Job Related Experience:
• Experience utilizing a consultative approach while interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Linux and Java platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
• Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing one or more of the following technologies:
o Linux (Red Hat Preferred)
o Oracle Fusion Middleware
o Oracle RAC
o WebSphere Portal
o WebSphere MQ
• Experience in script development (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.)
• Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools including Red Hat Satellite Server, HP Server Automation, HP Operations Orchestration
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
• Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
• Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
• Ability to quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
• Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
• Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
• Proven ability to collaborate across multiple sites and geographic areas
• Must be flexible and have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Keen attention to detail
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business or equivalent degree is desirable