System Engineer in Test (SET)
800 Adams Avenue Audobon, PA 19403
System Engineer in Test
East Coast, USA
This position works with the Development and Product teams to design, implement, and test an award-winning technology solutions. This role requires individuals to turn a business vision into a reality. It includes integration, API, and GUI test automation, with performance and scalability in mind. Experience in web development test automation with an object-oriented programming language is essential for this position.
- A degree in computer science or similar curriculum
- At least 5 years of experience delivering customer facing software
- Strong knowledge of object oriented and functional programming techniques
- Knowledge in C#, Microsoft SQL and ASP.NET MVC, with a deep understanding of how the back-end integrates with the front-end
- Experience building multi-system test environments and automated test suites
- A history of collaborating with other developers, product managers, devops engineers, and fellow test engineers to create and execute an effective testing strategy
- Experience specifying, designing, and implementing automated test framework to guarantee quality by preventing defects from making it to our customers
- Expertise in UI and Back-End/Restful API Testing
- A proclivity for researching, developing and/or recommending tools to assist other SETs in test creation, execution, and reporting.
- Experience using source control systems such as Github.
- A track record of analyzing requirements and delivering realistic estimates for the implementation and validation of related functionality.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
Do you have any of these extra qualities?
- Hands on experience with C# and Ruby on Rails.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySql database systems (MariaDB).
- Experience with delivering both single tenant and multi-tenant SaaS and/or PaaS solutions.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile, or similar lifecycle methodology.
- iOS/Android development.
- Behavior-driven test automation (SpecFlow and RSpec preferred).
- GUI test automation (Capybara preferred)
- Experience testing software performance