Sr. Network Engineer
1650 Union Hill Rd Alpharetta, GA 30005
Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer works in the Network Engineering group. The Sr. Network Engineer serves as the subject matter expert for all corporate, data center, and cloud based networks and reports to the Manager of Network Engineering.
- Network lead on network design and configuration company wide to include LAN, WAN, and WLAN (MPLS, Internet, etc.).
- Resolve various tiers of network issues both local and cloud based.
- Mentor team members to grow the skillset of the group, narrow knowledge gaps, and eliminate informational fiefdoms.
- Maintain and create useful, accessible, network documentation that can be shared with internal users, other teams, and auditors.
- Track and monitor network performance and throughput in ongoing effort to right size primary and secondary network links (LAN, WAN, and WLAN).
- Manage vender relationships and proof of concept engagements.
- Continue to drive existing and establish new company wide standards across remote sites and data centers.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity environments are compliant, available, and easily accessible.
- Enable the business while maintaining strong security posture within network best practices framework.
- Work with Sr. Telecom Engineer to ensure secure, direct, resilient network path for voice/IP telephony ecosystem (call recording, etc.).
- 7+ years of enterprise and data center network engineering experience.
- Strong experience with Site to Site IPSEC VPN tunnels.
- Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation with team of 6 other network engineers.
- Ability to interpret network traces and utilize TCPDUMP to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Strong experience with Cisco routing and switching (IOS and NX-OS), Palo Alto firewalls, Riverbed WAN optimization appliances, InfoBlox DDS solution, and F5 load balancers.
- Strong communications skills. Able to move projects and people towards project end dates in professional and efficient fashion.
- Working knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS) and tools like Ansible big plus.
- Ability to drive to resolution network issues (real or perceived) by proactively engaging other groups or resources to provide updates, information, next steps, etc. etc.
- Working knowledge of sever and storage network requirements (Trunking, VLANing, VPC, MLAG, EtherChannel, etc. etc.).
- Understanding of layer 1 connectivity possibilities (copper, fiber, SFP+, transceivers, etc. etc.).
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and documentation skills.
- Strong understanding of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.