Sr. Network Architect
New York, NY 10461
Our client in New York is looking to add a Sr. Network Architect. This position is responsible for all aspects of architecting, designing, implementing, and support of network infrastructure across LANs, WANs, wireless, and traditional telecommunication networks. We are seeking a senior network architect who can provide advanced-level architecture, design, implementation, and support with particular focus on modern datacenter network virtualization, convergence, and security. He/she provides network services support at an advanced level to end users and IT operational personnel.
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and support of network infrastructure across LANs, WANs, wireless, and traditional telecommunication networks.
- Demonstrated success improving an enterprise' s security posture with networking technologies.
- Design, implement and manage security and networking architecture.
- Hands on experience in architecture/design, implementation & support of data/VoIP networks.
- Demonstrated experience in producing network designs from functional requirements, maintaining network topology information, and network standards documents.
- Experience with Software-defined DataCenter (SDDC) technologies including Software-defined Networking (SDN) and Software-defined Wide Area Networks (SD-WAN).
- The candidate should have mastery-level skills and experience in high-end network equipment (i.e. Cisco, Arista, Riverbed, Bluecoat, F5, Citrix), LAN/WAN protocols, network applications such as DNS, DHCP, and in-depth knowledge of network security policy and configuration.
- Experience providing high-level direction during the troubleshooting of complex service outages.
- Manages all contracted WAN providers and their services and is accountable for ensuring delivery from the vendors of WAN service as per defined SLA’ s.
- Provides leadership and direction for technology core personnel in dealing with a variety of organizational and programmatic issues.
- Collaborates with the Network Service Owner in aligning goals, objectives, and work plans for the delivery of timely and quality technology services.
- Oversees administration of network Infrastructure and the resources on which it relies, including vendors, dependent services\organizations, enterprise engineering.
- Communicates and consults with technology personnel and advisory groups to administer network infrastructure.
- Builds trust and develops effective working relationships between Core technology team and constituencies ensuring the office' s programs and standards are implemented in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Maintains 24 hours/seven days a week on-call status for critical core systems
- Responsible to provide Tier-3 support for production issues.
- Operates and maintains networks, tracks significant problems, monitors performance, and performs upgrades to hardware and software as required
- Trains technical staff at the system and building level to follow proper operating procedures necessary to maintain the integrity of the network
- Defines and Maintains documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software
- Maintains certification in network technology such as Cisco, Juniper or other relevant technology, and/or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Has strong understanding of cabling standards, IP address management, VPN, Firewalls, network security, wireless and network management platforms
Required Technical Skills
- Cisco ISR/ASR routers. Cisco Catalyst 2k, 3k, 4k, 6500, 9K Nexus 2000, 5500, 6000, 7000, 9000, ASR 1K, 9K class switches
- Cisco 1200, 2600, 2700, 3700, 3800 series Wireless Access Points and Cisco 5500, 5700, 8500 Wireless LAN Controllers
- TCP/IP, SSL, LACP, LLDP/CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, GLBP, SNMP, STP, VPC, VSS, VDC, MSDP, PIM, IGMP, RTP, SIP, H.323, LWAPP, RADIUS, TACACS+, Fiber Channel, FCoE, iSCSI, 802.11abg, 802.11n, 802.11ac
- Strong experience in Network Security IPSec VPN, AAA Architecture, DNS, TCP/IP, VPN, SMTP, Firewalls, Infoblox, IPAM, Cisco WiFi, Prime, Cisco ACS, Cisco VOIP basic, Cisco VPN Gateways ·
- F5 Application Delivery Controllers
- ASA, Firepower and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Web Application Firewalls
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructures, topologies and protocols
- Strong understanding of network protocols and applications, such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, Multicast, SNMP, NetFlow
- Strong experience and concept in modern datacenter architecture and Software Defined Network SDN)
- Strong in troubleshooting different OSI layer issues and performance analysis by using sniffer tools
- Broad knowledge of current IT infrastructure trends and different cloud services
- Protocols, Technology, Features like BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP, RIP, loop avoidance, Multicast PIM – DM, SM, SSM, IGRP v1, v2, v3 etc., Protocol Security, Ethernet, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VTP etc., features/techniques like VPC, VDC, FEX, ISSU, VSS, OTV, LISP, Fabric Path, QFabric Features, Fast Convergence, MPLS VPNs etc.
- Software – IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, CatOS, JunOS, FortiOS
- Implementation of 1Gb, 10Gb, 25Gb, 40Gb and 100Gb Ethernet
- Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, WAN optimization
- Data Center facilities: power/cooling/cabling
- Familiarity with the following in a DC Network Environment to enable an end-to-end design & inter-working with teams
Must Have Skills
- The requirements for this position are a Bachelor' s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field, plus 10+ years’ experience in network architecture and design.
- The candidate must provide high level network design and implementation skills and combine technical intelligence with communication and presentation abilities.
- Candidate must be an individual contributor capable of self-directed work showing strong leadership and client relationship skills and who is focused on driving the complete network project
- Knowledge sharing between fellow team members
- CCIE (Routing and Switching, Datacenter)
Preferred Interpersonal Skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to analyze issues, use sound judgment, and solve complex problems
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Understanding of development and project management processes and methodologies
- Understanding of industry trends as well as successful strategies and product roadmaps
- Strong strategic planning capabilities with proven hands on implementation experience
- Working knowledge of corporate IT disciplines and group dynamics?