Sr. Java Developer
220 Las Colinas Blvd E #400, Irving, TX 75039 USA Irving, TX 75039
- Develop on all phases of the SDLC, from bug fixes to enhancement design and implementation.
- Develop knowledge of client’ s supply chain and financial products, including architectural concepts, functionality, subject area data schemas, development tools and common customer operating environments.
- Work in a rapid development-to-production release environment of Java Web-based commercial applications.
- Participate on collaborative teams (Product Managers, Project Managers, Technical Leads, QA Analysts, UX, and Developers) pursuing Agile practices, including Scrum.
- Mentor actively junior and mid-level Developers.
- Ensure the quality of the code base through frequent unit testing, code refactoring, peer-code reviews, and the use of standards tools.
- Lead and manage the projects for a team by leading, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Meet project deadlines by understanding and analyzing requirements, designing, developing and testing solutions.
- Solve complex problems by leading analysis and development of technical solutions.
- Determine optimal solution designs based on the assessment of costs, risks, complexity and benefits.
- Contribute to the team and ensure mutual success by providing guidance for development, testing and problem resolution.
- Provide status reports and identify/escalate issues as appropriate to the relevant project stakeholders.
- Become knowledgeable in the Software/Hardware architecture of client products, including system configuration, database schema, functions, indexes, and views.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline preferred, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Previous experience working for a software company is required.
- 8+ years Java Web-based development experience and previous experience leading a team.
- Current Java (J2EE) and back-end development.
- Repeated software development life cycle experience, preferably following iterative approaches.
- Competence to be Technical Lead on projects: participate in requirements backlog briefings, monitor technical team tasks, report project status to stakeholders, and participate in project milestone briefings and demonstrations.
- Strength in object-oriented design and implementation; thorough understanding of Java interfaces and abstractions; application of common design patterns.
- Strong database access and design skills, including proficiency in SQL (e.g., outer join, group by and sub query).
- Proficiency with application build concepts and tools (e.g., Maven and Ant).
- Strength in interpreting analysis, design, and implementation instructions– furnished in oral, written (e.g., use case brief, Agile user story, functional requirement, and data dictionary) or diagram form (e.g. activity flow, ERD, and UI Flow).
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
- Solid ability to unit test (e.g. JUnit or TestNG).
- Experience using SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL.
- Experience developing commercial transaction based financial applications.
- Experience with applications that function on multiple browsers, platforms and versions.
- Experience with Hibernate, EJB/Spring, Jersey and/or CXF.
- Automated unit testing concepts
- Java Programmer Certification (with a score of 85%, or better)
- Member of Scrum and/or Lean teams
- Test Driven Development
- RESTful Web Services
- Jira and GreenHopper
- ZK Web framework