Sr. IT Project Manager
1400 Valwood Parkway Carrollton, TX 75006
Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for managing one to many project definitions and implementations of technology solutions for our business.
Main responsibilities include balancing project priorities within a diverse portfolio of initiatives, and leading project implementations of solutions, accomplished through the management of project priorities, project plans, resource assignments, and cross functional user coordination.
Overall responsibility for ensuring effective requirements capture, defined use cases, test cases, and managing quality throughout the implementation project lifecycle.
This is an exciting role in a challenging and fast paced environment that requires and entrepreneurial spirit, business customer partnership skills, business & technical acumen, 3rd Party management, and the ability to effectively execute projects using a hands on approach.
Partnering with Business (30%)
· Collaborates with business partners to determine opportunities and priorities.
· Scopes and structures initiatives into IT projects. Performs scaled requirements gathering.
· Works with business to provide status updates, open issues and resolutions.
· Effectively interacts with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Project Leadership and Management (55%)
· Develops project plans and manages project timelines, tasks, resources, and budget.
· Actively participates in solution definition, design, validation, and implementation.
· Resolves/escalates project issues to minimize impact to schedule and/or budget.
· Leads and manage cross functional project team in delivering projects.
· Manages multiple projects concurrently.
· Identifies and executes continuous improvements to process and systems.
· Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
· Provides day-to-day system support to users.
- Prepares and provides project status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience supporting Corporate (including Data Projects), Portal, Logistics, Purchasing, Customer Service, Inventory, and Operations IT projects
· Preferred experience supporting both Iterative and Waterfall concepts and methodologies
· Strong visual mapping skills (e.g. Mind-Mapping; Process Flows; Relationship Diagrams).
· Previous experience with coordinating ERP system changes desired (We use NetSuite)
· Highly organized and self-driven individual with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment across a portfolio of projects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at building and fostering relationships within a matrix organization.
· Ability to lift boxes up to 20 lbs
· Occasionally climbing stairs
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
· Travel required: Minimal
· Occasional after-hours or weekend coordination of deployments may be necessary
· Minimum of bachelor' s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business or related field required.
· 5+ years of project management experience; ability to manage projects across multiple departments and locations, serving a variety of needs.
· Project Management Certification
· Mastery with project planning tools
· Previous experience in a manufacturing company / processes a plus