Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Jersey City, NJ 07311
primary role of the Business Systems Analyst is to act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations in order to provide technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance. The individual will be part of an Agile Scrum team, responsible for the technical analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting of requirements throughout the development process. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Projects will generally focus will on corporate platforms supporting Finance, Human Resources, Risk Management, Compliance, IT Operations.
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) for technology solutions that address business needs.
- Assist in identifying potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks.
- Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in system requirements.
- Translate business and user requirements into system requirements for the technology organization and manage changes to the source systems.
- Assist with the development of the testing strategy and execution of test scripts
- Ensure appropriate bi-directional tracing of project modifications back to business and user requirements.
- Leverage domain and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible - including selecting the appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or similar field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- HR Information Systems or Business Analysis experience as part of a major HR system migration (Workday).
- Agile work experience as Business Analyst / Product Manager / Product Owner
- Strong analytic skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Solid understanding of business functional areas and business management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING
- BS or MS Degree required
- CCBA certification a plus.
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Technical Experience:
- API/Web services Integration (to help with testing)
- Java knowledge is a plus
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Open Source Technologies
- Experience with writing user stories, use cases and test cases.
- Experience working with the following tools: MS Office, MS Visio.
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of Service Delivery business processes.
- Self starter, able to analyze processes for potential improvements.