Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Reporting & Security
400 Interstate North Parkway SE Suite 1600 Atlanta, GA 30339
- Develop functional test plans and user acceptance test plans and scenarios.
- Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by executing the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance.
- Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
- Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Facilitate collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources and development resources.
- Assist in systems and business process support across multiple internal project (Strategic and Tactical Projects).
- Coordinate activities including testing and production releases.
- Work as a technical support and liaison to other IT business analyst to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
- Provide analytical support for critical corporate strategic initiatives including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects and complex system installations.
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for existing custom reports in Workday
- Analyze, design and build new custom reports using standard Workday reporting functionality (ex: Report Writer, Calculated Fields)
- Ensure custom reports function as designed based on business requirements
- Ability to document the report function and design to facilitate maintenance
- Participate in report reviews, including understanding and ensuring security and data privacy standards
- Create, edit and remove organization security roles for the system and provide support for issues relating to User Based Securities in Workday
- Maintain assignment for User Based Security roles to Employees and/or Positions
- Coordinate with vendors to understand new technology scope and association with new functionality and security
- Develop and maintain awareness of divisional and data security and comply with policies and procedures
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen
- Perform audits on system roles and access logs to ensure accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with functional and IT clients
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the clients’ needs and situation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Working knowledge of HR/Finance information systems, including experience in designing, building and testing reports in various HR/Finance applications
- Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience in security or reports management
- Workday experience or training preferred
- 5+ years of experience with HR/Finance applications and report development tools such as Business Objects, Crystal, and Workday Report Writer
- HR/Finance functional experience preferred