Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Payroll & Time Tracking
400 Interstate North Parkway SE Atlanta, GA 30339
The Senior Business Systems Analyst position will lead / facilitate requirements development, business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications to satisfy information technology (IT) and business needs. This resource will act as the liaison among internal stakeholders to manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements. In addition, the job will entail working with internal applications and integrating them with enterprise applications. The Senior Business Analyst will also coordinate and manage the implementation and/or integration of products or new features for clients including client training. Specific job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a queue of Payroll and Time Tracking cases, prioritizing issues based on severity and customer impact
- Solve complex problems, drive change, and implement solutions
- Handle sensitive escalated customer issues
- Work with Product Managers, QA and Development to highlight customer payroll and time tracking processing trends and identify areas for enhanced functionality and tools
- A successful track record of managing multiple urgent priority issues concurrently
- Experience working with software delivery and support (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and provide complete follow through on areas of responsibility.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Human Capital Management
- Absence Management
- Time and Labor
- Develop functional test plans and user acceptance test plans and scenarios.
- Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by executing the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance.
- Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
- Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Facilitate collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources and development resources.
- Assist in systems and business process support across multiple internal project (Strategic and Tactical Projects).
- Coordinate activities including testing and production releases.
- Work as a technical support and liaison to other IT business analyst to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
- Provide analytical support for critical corporate strategic initiatives including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects and complex system installations.
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a business analytics role including: process definition, management and monitoring, release management, and requirement definition
- Four or more years of experience supporting or implementing Payroll, Time Tracking or Absence Management solutions
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers and internal resources
- Ability to generate a sense of urgency and rally appropriate teams
- Able to deal with the stress related to resolution time frames and conflicting/competing priorities
- Proven analytical/technical aptitude evidenced by 10 or more years of successful experience in a quantitative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coaching, Mentoring and Teaching skills
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Demonstrated advanced ability to work successfully on medium and large projects
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related discipline – advanced degree preferred
- Workday certification is a plus.