Sr. Business Systems Analyst - HCM
400 Interstate North Parkway SE, 16th Floor Atlanta, GA 30339
The Senior Business Systems Analyst position will lead / facilitate requirements development, business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications to satisfy information technology (IT) and business needs. This resource will act as the liaison among internal stakeholders to manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements. In addition, the job will entail working with internal applications and integrating them with enterprise applications. The Senior Business Analyst will also coordinate and manage the implementation and/or integration of products or new features for clients including client training. Specific job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop functional test plans and user acceptance test plans and scenarios.
- Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by executing the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance.
- Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
- Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Facilitate collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources and development resources.
- Assist in systems and business process support across multiple internal project (Strategic and Tactical Projects).
- Coordinate activities including testing and production releases.
- Work as a technical support and liaison to other IT business analyst to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
- Provide analytical support for critical corporate strategic initiatives including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects and complex system installations.
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform the following on projects:
- Understand and document business requirements,
- configure Workday solution,
- demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems,
- Assist the business in testing the Workday solution
- Document Functional requirements
- Adhere to Change Management Process
- Manage projects end to end; ensure coverage of all facets of testing and a successful end-user experience.
- Serve as the HRIS partner supporting HCM areas in Workday, including Performance Management, Core Compensation, Benefits, Talent, Advanced Compensation, etc.
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to HR Business Partners
- Understanding of HR operations and experience in employee data management
- Design and maintain system configuration, including Supervisory Organization, Custom Organizations, Location, Paygroup etc.
- Maintain master data values in Workday (ex: Job Profile, Job Family, Job Group, Roles, Custom Organization Types, Positions, Locations)
- Test, validate and implement Business Process changes in Workday
- Work in order to meet expected business performance goals by providing full range of customer service
- Provide input to Workday Team Lead, Workday Team Members, and clients as appropriate
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen
- Others projects and duties as may be required by business needs
- Be a key resource in integrating Workday with other products and services.
- Provide guidance to HR team members, managers and employees on the use of the Workday system.
- 5+ years implementing Core HR solutions including Performance Management, Core Compensation, Benefits, Talent, Advanced Compensation, etc.
- Previous consulting experience either as a consultant with a consulting company or an internal consultant.
- Experience implementing Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or similar applications
- Experience with at least 3 functional areas:
- Advanced Comp
- Core Compensation
- Core Payroll