Sr. Business System Analyst
5465 Legacy Drive Suite 30 Plano, TX 75024
Our client in Plano is looking for a Sr. BA to add to their team. The right person will have extensive experience gathering and writing business and functional requirements for software releases while also being client-facing, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment with weekly/monthly software releases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for the technology side of one or more long-term client software projects.
- Gather, clarify, and validate business requirements through ongoing active relationships with the project stakeholders.
- Responsible for setting an agenda, preparing presentation material, facilitating discussions and leading meetings.
- Document functional specifications for data integration, both batch and real-time (API), our hosted websites and data processing rules.
- Manage expectations with clients via in-person and written communication.
- Write business requirements and technical specifications. (Please be prepared to submit a writing sample)
- Translate business requirements into technology solutions. Must be able to maintain both technical and business perspective for each project.
- Organize and maintain project documentation, including Points-of-View, Scopes, Estimates, Impact Analyses, and large full-system requirements documents.
- Assist in testing efforts, which includes working with the Q/A team to devise a test plan.
- Manage change request process for existing applications.
- Help determine highest priority requirements for the team and manage changes to those priorities and requirements.
- Taking a leading role in resolution of escalated issues, and advocate for enhancements in subsequent product releases as necessary.
Experience and Skills Required:
- At least two years experience in gathering and documenting business requirements and functional specifications for complex technology solutions.
- Experience participating in and conducting requirements gathering sessions.
- Understanding of time management skills and correct use of resources.
- Client interaction experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of desktop applications (MS-Office, MS-Project, Visio, Word, Excel).
- Ability to create and maintain a complex word document with tables, table of content, graphics, etc.
- Experience working with various methodologies to gather requirements and implement projects; agile experience preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a variety of people (creative, technical, management, and account management).
- Excellent written and verbal communications/ability to communicate complex ideas and technical issues.
- Working understanding of all facets of Web development, including strategies, design and implementation.
- Database experience; able to write SQL query, comfortable with relational databases.
- Prefer experience in Customer Loyalty or CRM
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Plano, TX
Required Education: Bachelor' s Degree
Required Experience: Business Analyst: 5+ years
Bachelors or better in Management Information Systems or related field.
Bachelors or better.