Sr. Business Analyst
385 E Colorado Blvd Pasadena, CA 91101
Our client is looking to add a technical Business Analyst to their team that will be responsible for identifying data sources, evaluating solutions and translating requirements into user stories and suitable for the implementation and maintenance of presentation book systems. The technical BA translates end user computing requirements into user stories for use by the Development team. Our client is looking for someone who is proficient in sql queries and can quickly add value to an existing team.
- Works with technical teams to ensure requirements are understood and business owners needs are met
- Work with scrum master and team lead to facilitate regular product demonstrations to stakeholders and interested parties
- Works with team to ensure product backlog is refined and prioritized
- Works with business partners and systems personnel to identify all the required data for all Pitch Books, Client Reviews, Fact Sheets and Strategy Summaries
- Writes queries from Oracle or Sybase via SQL.
- Produces project documentation including meeting notes, business/functional and system requirements, user stories as well as testing plans and test scripts.
- Documents current and future state processes as understood from business and project meetings.
- Creates and updates capability maps.
- Communicates system changes and processes to appropriate personnel, validating and documenting processes as necessary.
- Communicates discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitors resolution.
- Tests system changes accurately to ensure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability.
- Performs tasks as required for the development, implementation and continuing operation of various systems including CRM, e-mail marketing campaign management system, Client Service and Marketing’ s BI reporting system and corporate intranet.
- Understanding of client service and marketing materials such as Pitch books, Client Review, Fact Sheets and Executive Summaries
- Has advanced written and oral communication skills to make technical or non-technical material understandable to the business units and to conduct meetings or training sessions.
- Has the ability to clearly articulate process designs
- Maintains a solid knowledge of corporate and departmental information system strategies.
- Knowledge of all phases of system development life cycle (SDLC) required. Experience working in an agile environment strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel required.
- Ability to work independently but also contribute as part of a project team.
- Has general knowledge of asset management principles, domestic and international investment process and Fixed Income markets in particular.
- Understanding of the sales channels and various products lines in Fixed Income Asset Management.
- College degree in Business, Information Systems or related discipline highly desired
- Agile Product Owner Certification is desired