Sr. Brownfield Software Engineer
1407 Texas Street Suite 202 Fort Worth, TX 76102 | Direct Hire
Our client is looking to add to their growing team and codebases. They are looking for a Sr. Developer to comb through our code for consistency, readability, scalability and maintenance.
Maybe you have worn job titles like “ architect” or “ lead developer.” Maybe you just tend to become the technical expert wherever you go. Regardless, you have no fear of brownfield development. You enjoy spinning lead into gold. You’ re an expert at refactoring and writing unit, integration and functional tests and know when to stub, when to mock. You like consistency in code and eat design patterns for breakfast, but not in a snobby, “ ivory tower” kind of way. You’ re also comfortable working with an opinionated team, looking for consenus, building bridges, giving (and taking) constructive criticism. You are willing to eat your own dogfood too, using your the solutions you’ ve suggested to others in your own code.
What you’ ll be doing
Refactoring code, solving scaling issues, breaking things into microservices, refactoring to patterns, writing tests. All this in Ruby, NodeJS and maybe Elixir.
* A minimum of 8 years of web application experience with a server MVC framework in ruby, python, NodeJS or a similar scripting language
* Exposure to scaling, concurrency and performance issues.
* TDD/BDD and automated testing
* SQL and relational database design
* Strong OOP and design patterns, good architecture, clean, DRY code
* Exposure to some sort of pure functional programming language
* Ruby on Rails
* Resque or SideKiq
* RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar message/queuing frameworks
* RSpec or similar
* Elixir and Phoenix
* Domain Driven Design
* Experience with devops and “ The Cloud” (TM) like AWS, IBM, Azure
* Docker, Chef, Kubernetes
* VueJS / Angular / React
* NoSQL solutions like Redis or SOLR
* Weird programming languages