Sr. Technical Architect
11432 Lackland Road St Louis, MO 63146
- Assist engineering teams with architecture, design, and development of products. You will provide technical estimates and coordinate between the clients and various teams to drive solutions into production.
- Partner with Engineering to improve software craftsmanship, prioritize technical issues and align to enterprise standards.
- Maintain competence in the state of the art software engineering patterns/practices and stay ahead of the latest developments.
- Define and own accountability for the architecture of systems within your scope (includes utilizing Corporate Assets, determining roadmaps for how to incrementally achieve end-state goals and communicating business value in technical terms)
- Partner with internal partners to envision large-scale, revenue-generating systems/platforms, and translate that vision to system design at enterprise scale.
- Identify improvement opportunities for people, processes and technologies.
- Be able to analyze highly complex problems and to decompose, relate and design appropriate solutions to those problems.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies in concert with the engineering teams, product management, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Design highly available applications resilient to failure (Frontend, Services, Data)
- Experience in GCP is highly desirable (will still consider AWS or Azure for the right candidate)
- Expertise in Java software development as a developer, designer, and architect with a deep understanding of Java design patterns
- Solid experience in designing, developing, and deploying enterprise applications using the latest version of Spring Boot, Spring REST, Spring Security
- Experience in Cloud-native networking and routing (load balancing, service mesh - Istio/ASM, API gateways, secure endpoints)
- Experience working in a Linux based environment
- Experience with Cloud-managed database technologies (e.g. relational and no-SQL)
- Experience with relational databases is a plus but not required (e.g. Oracle and MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge of how cloud costs are impacted by architectural decisions and how to optimize those costs
- Proficiency using CI/CD technologies (build and source code control tools and processes like Git, Jenkins, and Maven)
- Experience with enterprise application development, integration, data management, and enterprise security in a highly-regulated industry
- Experience delivering low latency and scalable solutions at enterprise scale
- Prefer certifications in GCP or other cloud platforms, certification required within first year
- Experience designing secure solutions using various authentication technologies (Okta, oAuth, SecureAuth, PingID, SAML)
- Familiarity with attack vectors (oWASP, SQL Injection, Cross-site scripting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members at various levels