Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby)
6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta, GA 30328
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working knowledge of software development best practices and design patterns
- Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks
- Working experience with object-oriented languages (Ruby, Java)
- Working experiences with Restful API development
- Working experience with cloud technologies, preferably with AWS
- Working experience with cloud software configuration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, etc.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Working experience with Agile application development practices
- Strong data analysis skills and working experience with SQL and relational databases
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Scrum Developer Certification or equivalent
- Experience with AWS development, configuration and deployment technologies
- Working experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with ReactJS, Typescript and other web technologies
- 5 – 8 years of working experience