Sr Software Engineer
3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract
- Review, analyze and test current systems to ensure optimal functionality and make calculated modifications based on desired results
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems
- Detect, diagnose and report related problems
- Participate in development of new industry-leading products using our tech stack
- Collaborate on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvement
- Develop Web application using the Python/Django technology
- Integrate the User Interface screens with REST services.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Proficient experience with Python for a minimum of 5 years and Django for a minimum of 3 years, Django REST for 3+ years.
- Proficient with SQL and working knowledge with Oracle database.
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web-based REST APIs
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Experienced with Agile development methodologies and working experience in agile teams.
- Results-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment
- Strong understanding of version control systems GITHUB and Jenkins
- Desired skills: React, Jenkins, Test automation, experience with AWS.