Sr Software Engineer
5700 Broadmoor Suite 900 Mission, KS 66202 | Contract
The Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Responds to production performance issues and sees those performance issues through resolution.
- Performs deep performance related diagnostic troubleshooting / analysis.
- Makes performance recommendations to developers based on results and code identifications.
- Communicates performance analysis to stakeholders and suggests applicable changes.
- Identifies workflows and system characteristics to be performance tested and monitored.
- Defines performance benchmarks and SLA’ s.
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in performance/monitoring efforts.
- Analyzes test results to identify issues, and works with architects and developers to suggest improvements and drive issues to resolution.
- Analyzes production monitoring metrics to trace back to test results and offer suggestions for areas performance improvements.
- Works with team to ensure quality and standardization of performance test plans, scripts, and results.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
- Working experience of software development (e.g. WebAPI, .Net Core, C#)
- Working experience in enterprise level software performance engineering
- Working experience with diagnostic tools such as Stackify or App Dynamics
- Working experience optimizing website performance with strong knowledge in networks, browsers, content delivery, etc.
- Working experience of TCP/IP, networking topology
- Working experience in identifying system bottlenecks, architectural risks, and issues
- Working experience supporting web-based applications built on Windows systems
- Working experience writing parameterized and data driven scripts
- Working experience with CloudWatch, DataDog or other monitoring tools
- Working experience in a variety of relational and non-relational data structures e.g. SQL, DynamoDB, S3, etc.
- Working experience with source code control systems
- Working experience in AWS platform tools for delivery (EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, Terraform)
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks (e.g. Front-end: browser and device typically using common client-side technologies – HTML, CSS, ReactJS, Redux; Back-end: server, application, database using languages like C#, SQL)
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Working experience with appropriate database technology
- Developed experience in leadership and mentorship capacities for growing team members in the development, agile, and quality spaces
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education