Sr Software Development Manager
3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339
Software Development Senior Manager
The Software Development Senior Manager will ensure peer reviews of analysis, technical design, code, and unit test scripts are executed. Additionally, he or she is responsible for managerial and administrative functions of one or more development teams.
Furthermore, this role is expected to engage in design and architecture discussions, and to actively participate in estimating, tasking, implementation efforts and status updates.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that the overall solution design meets business requirements, conforms to industry best practices, is cohesive across disciplines and is a cost effective solution. As a result, this role will work closely with key departmental management and business stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role.
- Work with project and business analyst leads to develop and clarify in-depth technical requirements.
- Work with senior management to establish technical soundness of the solutions.
- Use and improve the productivity of the development processes.
- Lead design and architecture discussions.
- Work with management to estimate the level of effort, resource needs, and project duration.
- Establish and enforce coding standards.
- Evaluate tools and technologies and establish technology standards
- Provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site and offshore development teams.
- Implementation of Business Strategy
- Implementation of IT approved Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures
- Establishes and tracks personnel performance metrics
- Provide a competitive advantage with high performing technology
- Participate in technology Roadmap development
- Accountable for client relationship for external and internal customers and responsible for directing the following work efforts:
- Internal relationship management related to other team leads, Business & IT directors, and executive level management
- Vendor Relationship Management (i.e., onshore/ offshore support)
- May have external relationships related to technical software product vendors
- Determine software development solutions meet pre-defined business requirements, functional designs, and architectural design documents
- Develop flowcharts, diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps and describe logical operations
- Oversees resources who develop/modify code, develop unit tests, and conduct unit test as per test plans for less complex tasks
- Compliance with prioritization and governance decisions
- Work with team of Application, Integration, Systems and enterprise architects to implement solutions
- Ensuring streamlined application releases on a predetermined agreed to schedule
- Providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams
- Ensures technical standards and architecture designs are followed
- DevOps experience or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- Knowledge in Java/J2EE architecture and development.
- Experience in managing software development teams with multiple systems and integration points
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and Architecture teams.
- 10+ Years leading complex software and hardware implementation solutions
- 5+ years’ experience supervising (completing performance reviews) and managing work efforts
- 2+ years’ experience in vendor management and remote development teams
- Relational databases (Oracle, Postgres or SQL Server)
- Web services and other integration concepts
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices with focus on Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented Programming
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages
- Ability to interact with Management and Software Developers, onsite and offshore.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to work independently and in a team
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.