Sr. Security Engineer
1505 Windward Concourse Alpharetta, GA 30005
This role ensures the Data Security team provides guidance for securing servers, workstations, firewalls, and other computing infrastructure to standards and ensures corporate, compliance security best practices are being implemented and monitored.
• Maintaining expert knowledge of security principles.
• Advanced knowledge of public key cryptography is critical for success in this role (Tokenization, Encryption, decryption, tamper detection, authentication, nonrepudiation).
• Maintaining knowledge in McAfee and Symantec Vontu DLP solutions
• Understanding of intrinsic security weaknesses within core infrastructure components, including TCP/IP, VPN, VDI, file transfer, applications, storage, cloud, databases and remote administration protocols
• Understanding of security problems as a mix of technology and process issues with the ability to pursue solutions at all layers within the organization
• Building and assisting in operating an internal security monitoring competency, utilizing modern security technologies to provide 24/7 security monitoring of the environment
• Defining, gathering, and reporting on metrics regarding the delivery of security monitoring and security assessment services
• Transforming traditional data center security controls into industry adopted cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Office365 or Salesforce
• Leading a Security Monitoring Center
• Maintaining expert knowledge of network and security protocols and principles
• Identifying, assessing and recommending remediation steps for security events from system, printers, MFA logs, SyslogNG and QRadar
• Defining and developing custom scripts for increased security automation and analysis
• Assisting with the resolution of security-related infrastructure configurations or failures
• Participating in security incident response through in-depth, technical analysis
• Tracking and maintaining operational security metrics to enable reporting to senior management
• Expert knowledge regarding security incident response best practices
• Pragmatic outlook that understands security problems as a balance of both security and business requirements
• Experience with multiple OS platforms, including Linux, UNIX, Windows and AIX
• Previous experience in monitoring and managing the detection and protection of network and host-based intrusion, data loss and malware
• Experience in vulnerability scanning solutions, DDOS protection, security event or information management, host-based integrity checking and end-point security
• Ability to multi-task, organizing and prioritizing as needed to accomplish goals
• Proven ability to manage changes, including assessing and reacting with good enough but imperfect or incomplete information
• Passionate to learn new technologies, best practices and contribute to the broader global infrastructure and security teams
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) and/or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Security Engineer:
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other similar technical degree program
• 7+ years of previous technical experience with security networking and/or software development