Sr Security Engineer
1505 Windward Concourse ALPHARETTA, GA 30005
Sr Security Engineer
The Sr. Security Engineer will be helping the organization build a continuous monitoring testing function which will provide oversight and monitoring of security controls. This function will provide for evidence review, evidence automation advisory, security controls testing, and evidence reuse.
• Maintaining expert knowledge of security principles. Must possess an understanding of IT security domains (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Cryptography/Data Protection, Perimeter Security, etc) and understand how to evaluate the design and operative effectiveness of security controls supporting these domains.
• Understanding of security problems as a mix of technology and process issues with the ability to pursue solutions at all layers within the organization
• Defining, gathering, and reporting on metrics regarding the delivery of security assurance and evidence review and evidence reuse programs
• Transforming traditional data center security controls into industry adopted cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Office365 or Salesforce
• Pragmatic outlook that understands security problems as a balance of both security and business requirements
• Experience with multiple OS platforms, including Linux, UNIX, Windows and AIX
• Experience in auditing vulnerability scanning solutions, DDOS protection, security event or information management, host-based integrity checking and end-point security
• Ability to multi-task, organizing and prioritizing as needed to accomplish goals
• Proven ability to manage changes, including assessing and reacting with good enough but imperfect or incomplete information
• Passionate to learn new technologies, best practices and contribute to the broader global infrastructure and security teams
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) and/or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification is preferred.
• 7+ years of previous technical experience with information security, security assurance, or security consulting required.