Sr Quality Engineer
2320 BALL DRIVE St. Louis, MO 63146
- Define test cases outside of user-defined requirements and perform testing of applications, focusing on functional and end-to-end testing, validating that system response and output accurately reflect business requirements as outlined in requirements document.
- Recommend changes to existing testing methodologies.
- Coordinate with business users and development team to plan and execute user acceptance testing.
- Identify and resolve test environment issues.
- Perform defect analysis, identifying trends and recommending process improvements.
- Develops test cases and scenarios, procedures and executes tests to validate software to ensure company products and services comply with customer and company requirements.
- Designs test software that encompasses the full spectrum of testing and meets requirements
- Analyzes, reviews, mines and validates test data.
- Conducts research in test technologies to improve efficiency and capability.
- Proficient in written and spoken communication, organization skills and detail oriented.
- Works closely with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement test engineering solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Applies established and emerging industry technologies to develop test procedures and test strategies.
- Reviews critical procedures to identify potential problems and resolve issues.
- Recommends new techniques into test automation framework designs.
- Formulates expectations for test data for new or unique tests.
- Applies job principles, theories, and concepts.
- Ability to administer build deployments to test environment: Includes some elements of Linux Administration.
- Advanced SQL skills
- Test automation skills. Ability to design SOAPUI tests to test web services layer; enhance those SOAPUI tests with Groovy or a similar scripting language; Selenium experience a plus.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration environments (preferably Jenkins, Maven).
- Ability to design and develop test automation that directly tests java.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in the software development project lifecycle and Agile Software Development. Must be comfortable as part of an Agile team.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or other technical field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in software test discipline