Sr. Quality Engineer
1525 Windward Concourse Alpharetta, GA 30005
Solid Senior Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester with extensive web services testing experience and database validation; Feels comfortable in agile work environment in small Scrum team; Ability to create test cases and understand testing principles in an agile environment; Must have experience in web services testing tool and SQL; ReadyAPI/SoapUI, Jenkins experience is a plus; Additional experience with Groovy, Unix/Linux and Rally are a definite plus. Motivated to work with a great team in a great environment.
Define test cases outside of user-defined requirements and perform testing of applications, focusing on functional and end-to-end testing, validating that system response and output accurately reflect business requirements as outlined in requirements document. Recommend changes to existing testing methodologies. Coordinate with business users and development team to plan and execute user acceptance testing. Identify and resolve test environment issues. Perform defect analysis, identifying trends and recommending process improvements.
• Develops test cases and scenarios, procedures and executes tests to validate software to ensure company products and services comply with customer and company requirements.
• Designs test software that encompasses the full spectrum of testing and meets requirements.
• Analyzes, reviews, mines and validates test data.
• Conducts research in test technologies to improve efficiency and capability.
• Proficient in written and spoken communication, organization skills and detail oriented.
• Works closely with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement test engineering solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Applies established and emerging industry technologies to develop test procedures and test strategies.
• Reviews critical procedures to identify potential problems and resolve issues.
• Recommends new techniques into test automation framework designs.
• Formulates expectations for test data for new or unique tests.
• Applies job principles, theories, and concepts.
• Ability to administer build deployments to test environment: Includes some elements of Linux Administration.
• Advanced SQL skills
• Test automation skills. Ability to design SOAPUI tests to test web services layer; enhance those SOAPUI tests with Groovy or a similar scripting language; Selenium experience a plus.
• Experience working with Continuous Integration environments (preferably Jenkins, Maven).
• Ability to design and develop test automation that directly tests java.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in the software development project lifecycle and Agile Software Development. Must be comfortable as part of an Agile team.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or other technical field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in software test discipline.