Sr Project Manager
190 Marietta St Atlanta, GA 30303
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead digital technical projects. The PM is responsible for managing multiple projects, successfully balancing scope, quality, time and resources to deliver against the strategic plan and objectives of the business. The right candidate will work closely with the internal development team, key business and internal technology partners and various vendors.
Lead cross-functional teams consisting of Product, Development, Design and Editorial customers, Software Developers, Quality Assurance Specialists, Ads and Analytics partners and 3rd party vendors from planning through launch.
- Build/maintain relationships and liaison with project sponsors, internal and external customers, team members, support teams and 3rd party vendors
- Manage expectations, negotiation and communication with stakeholders in support of delivery against the product roadmaps
- Perform estimation, forecasting and time tracking/reporting for team resources
- Collaborate with project management peers across the organization in the sharing and adoption of PM standards and best practices
- Facilitate all sprint related ceremonies
- Encompass servant leader qualities, characteristics, attributes to support and protect the team at all times.
- Understand, coach, and train team members on Agile, Kanban and Lean principles.
- Remove impediments and create awareness for urgency with all necessary stakeholders.
- Communicate sprint level metrics; ensure team awareness and agreement on opportunities.
- Work with peer group to identify and resolve enterprise level issues.
- Support and empower team to strive towards better engineering or content management practices.
- Quickly and easily be able to convey opportunity costs
- BS/BA in related discipline and at least 8 years of experience working as a project manager in Digital Media, Technology, or Software Development project management (required); web experience (preferred)
- Proven experience assisting teams to embrace Agile/Kanban principles. 5 years prior Scrum experience and CSM certification (required); PMP certification (highly recommended)
- Practical application of Lean principles (preferred)
- Familiarity with Clarity or similar PPM system
- Hands on experience with JIRA or similar Agile tools
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional and virtual environments
- Ability to handle multiple fast-moving features with changing priorities, drivers and dependencies
- Ability to accomplish goals by creating transparent environments that allow for proper prioritization and delivery
- Project financial management with funding teams as opposed to projects, budgeting and reporting
- Excellent business and interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Goal-oriented self-starter with strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills