Sr Program/Project Manager
1015 Windward Ridge Parkway ALPHARETTA, GA 30005
- Accountability for results surrounding addressing IT deployment and government compliance initiatives (FedRamp / FIPS 140-2)
- Provide oversight for implementations and projects – including but not limited to prioritization, customer communication, schedule, scope, transparency, and deliverables.
- Partner with IT to enable required functionality and technical capacity/capability – driving our agenda as opposed to being a passive recipient
- Take ownership of project execution including agile sprint planning, stakeholder communications, and project status updates – documenting issues and risks around timeline and deliverables - escalating to leadership as appropriate
- Ensure the team you manage successfully gathers requirements including analysis, elaboration and co-ordination with business owners. Lead and/or oversee the documentation of prospective use cases, including as-is and to-be processes
- Act as the liaison between the project team, leadership, and other key stakeholders
- Ensure technical documentation is kept up to date (process diagrams/documentation, technical documents, etc.)
- Ensure that all capabilities delivered align with original business objectives and requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with direct reports, stakeholders, peers, and leaders
Required Experience & Education
- A proven functional/technical professional with 10+ years experience leading programs, projects, and project teams. Preferred experience with large cross-functional IT Compliance and federal government related initiatives.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in the leadership of teams, and the installation of a high-performance culture with a focus on inheriting teams, assimilating as a new leader
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study. MBA a strong plus.
- PMP certification valued - Scrum Master Certification a solid plus
- A passion for coaching and mentoring both inside and outside of professional endeavors
Required Skills & Behaviors
- Strong focus on customer value creation
- Ownership of outcome, not effort
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to multi-task, delegate, and prioritize tasks – notably balancing and prioritizing multiple concurrent work streams.
- Demonstrated mastery working with internal stakeholders solving complex problems and handling large scale projects
- Ability to evaluate risks and define approaches for managing project risks.
- Ability to build consensus and manage expectations with business and IT stakeholders in terms of deadlines and scope.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills. A strong executive presence capable of poise in consultation with C Suite Executives.
- Able to break down issues into manageable chunks to resolve problems and overcome hurdles
- Able to multi-task and keep on top of several resources and tasks at once
- Able to understand team dynamics and mediation skills to guide team members in building strong partnerships with one another and other groups to accomplish goals
- Holds team accountable for delivering value added services to customers with established levels of quality and speed