Sr Network Engineer
3400 New Hyde Park Road New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract
As a Senior Network Engineer, this person will drive the planning, design, implementation and testing of all new and existing and networking hardware and topologies throughout the firm. This person will analyze the needs of each office and prioritize the work load with other team members to deliver the most highly resilient infrastructure possible. This position will work across multiple teams and engineers across the firm to drive synergy, consistency and stabilization for corporate and Production infrastructures. This role will have both internal and external focus and a sizable budget for them to manage throughout the year.
- Provide disciplined and inspired leadership with experience in building and running high performance Network and Telecom infrastructure,
- Drive change throughout the firm by creating standardization for all networking and security platforms.
- Review Networking purchases and throughout the firm to drive standardization
- Vendors management throughout the team’ s evaluation, proposal, design, and implementation efforts
- Technical leader who can execute the Network strategy that will ensure the stability, security and integrity of the firms data, voice networks
- Develop best practice for all Cisco, Juniper and F5 platforms to standardize the firms vision and supportability
- Understand and recommend emerging new solutions and technologies especially as it pertains to virtualizing the network and the software defined data center
- Build the foundation for Continuous Availability, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning as they relate to Network and Telecommunications infrastructure and capabilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of network design and architecture.
- Experience and knowledge of production data center environments. A focus on maintaining maximum network uptime.
- Knowledge of Cisco and F5 Networks product lines.
- Knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols. (BGP, OSPF)
- Knowledge of global and server load balancing. Specifically, the F5 Networks product line of BigIP, 3DNS and eCommerce Controllers.
- Knowledge of high speed data technologies. (MPLS, P-P Services, Carrier Diversity)
- Solid understanding and Knowledge of firewalls and associated management platforms. (Palo Alto, Juniper, ASA’ s along with Panorama)
- Knowledge of network device monitoring and capacity planning as pertains to production and corporate environments. (Solarwinds, Netbrain)
- Knowledge of VPN technologies such as LAN2LAN VPN as well as client VPN technologies specifically Cisco’ s VPN Concentrator.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services a PLUS
- Automation scripting is a PLUS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 24x7 On-call support.
- Capacity planning and monitoring of all network infrastructures, devices and data circuits to keep ahead of future growth. Report capacity needs and concerns to the network and security manager. Work to ensure maximum network uptime.
- Design and provide a fully redundant high availability infrastructure at all times.
- Troubleshoot all network outages or problems. Escalate necessary issues to the appropriate 3rd party vendor support team. Follow through to bring all network outages and problems to conclusion in a quick and efficient manner. Update the network and security manager on the status of all outages and issues.
- Advise the network and security manager on new network technologies and solutions relevant to improving the Autotrader infrastructure.
- Advise the network and security manager on network infrastructure, network device or policy improvements in an effort to maintain maximum network availability and efficiency.
- Improve the architecture of the network infrastructure while scaling for future growth.
- Research and implement new technologies to improve and grow the network infrastructure.
- Monitor expiration dates of SSL Certificates. Install new SSL certificates.
- Work with the EOC to monitor current network systems and Internet bandwidth utilization. Notify the EOC and all network and security team members of all network changes prior to their implementation.
- Work to schedule all network and security projects in the weekly maintenance calendar.
- Maintain operational guidelines, diagrams and documentation for all network and security devices and infrastructures. Attention to detail on all documents is important.
- Provide weekly status reports on all network projects and tasks to the network and security manager.