Sr. Informatica Developer
3300 Highlands Pkwy SE Smyrna, GA 30082
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required skills and abilities:
- Responsible for ETL development for assigned projects.
- Responsible for timely project deliverables.
- Responsible for writing ETL design documents.
- Collaborates with development teams, business units to identify, define, develop and implement new data source feeds.
- Monitors usage of the Data Warehouse to identify potential capacity overloads and bottlenecks.
- Assists with tuning of ETL processes and database performance.
- Provides support for technical issues and ensuring system availability.
- Remains current on Enterprise Data Warehousing technologies, testing industry trends and best practices
- Provides guidance to more junior staff
- Well versed with project management methodology for SDLC.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- Complete understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Complete understanding of relational database design and architecture
- Advanced Informatica design and development skills using Informatica power center and power exchange.
- 5+ years of experience in developing Informatica PowerCenter ETL mappings using Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Repository Manager
- 5+ years of experience in PL/SQL
- 5+ years of experience in writing advanced queries for analysis and troubleshooting as needed.
- Must be well versed with database concepts like indexing, partitioning, performance tuning, explain plans, materialized views
- 3+ years of experience writing shell scripts.
- Must be well versed with all Unix commands needed for running ETL jobs as well as for troubleshooting source and target files.
- 5+ years’ experience with data warehouse solution designs supporting data stores such as ODS, EDW and DataMart
- 5+ years of experience with design of large scale ETL solutions integrating internal and external data sources
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues related to ETL applications.
- Experience with ETL design review, code review, and quality assurance review process and deliverables.
- Experience working with Hive database and Hive tables.