2170 Piedmont Road Atlanta, GA 30324
Sr. Database Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize database indexes, queries, stored procedures, and reports.
- Monitor, maintain, and help to improve the performance of database systems - which includes database backups, restores, and disaster recovery.
- Define the database logical and physical design and the security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Ensure compliance to audit and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to the IT staff and users of IT systems.
- Work closely with the project managers, business analysts, software developers, quality
- assurance engineers and management during all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Design and build normalized and denormalized database solutions using best practices.
- On-call responsibilities required.
- Assist in development of new application systems and database changes.
- Administer data archiving process ensuring compliance with policy.
- Assist in problem analysis and resolution as required.
- Perform administrative duties as to formal reporting of activity, progress and performance.
- Responsible for the provision of detailed analysis and reporting for various database activities
- Develop, implement and manage policies and procedures ensuring the integrity and security of the databases. These policies will be review and modify by management before implementing.
- Developing recovery procedures for each database
- Making sure that the backup schedules meet the recovery requirements
- Monitoring the health of the database server
- Responsible for having databases routine maintenance performed and the overall system has
- periodic maintenance performed by the system administrator.
- Responsible for maintaining the proper use of storage which includes monitoring disk space
- Responsible for setting up and scheduling various events
- Develop, Perform and manage database disaster recovery procedures.
- Help developers to optimize database/applications coding (queries, stored procedures, & etc.)
- Experience coding in with Java, .Net, & C Sharp
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a developer using Microsoft SQL, SSIS, and or SSRS
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, or 2019
- Experience with Spotlight and or Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer
- Experience with database partitioning, archiving and purging
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Certification as a Database Administrator in Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Knowledge of MS SQL always-on feature
- Project planning and management and very high attention to details
- Microsoft training and certification will be considered a strong asset
- Primary role is to optimize the existing database indexes, queries, stored procedures, and reports. Secondary role is to install, optimize and maintain database systems and support software.
- Monitor and maintain performance of database systems which also includes backups, restore and disaster recovery. Provide technical assistance to IT staff and users of IT systems and assure compliance to departmental procedures