Sr. Backend Java Developer
11432 Lackland Road St Louis, MO 63146
- Develop strategic design and requirements as a major contributor to a projects’ success for large revenue generating systems/products.
- Identify improvements in systems and work and participates in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
- Consistently demonstrations clear technical judgment, innovation, and consideration for the projects’ objectives.
- Able to provide technical guidance, supervise others, provide instructions, and debug code written by team members.
- Self-starter, motivated, and actively learning and researching new methods of work and new technology.
- Contributions of this level spans across the team and the development platform.
- Consistently hit development time estimates without underestimating or overestimating ability.
- Guide and mentor junior developers in developing code and workflow procedures, and conduct code reviews.
- Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
What You’ ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and work you' re doing
- You have the ability to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- You will need extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
- You are part of a community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- You have a real passion for innovation! Any experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc. will help us on our exciting journey
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Depending on level, you may work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the team
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
- BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required
- You are interested and able to learn other coding languages as needed
- You can write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- You have experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- You adore working in a fast paced and agile development environment
- You possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- You have detailed knowledge of modern software development lifecycles including CI / CD
- You have the ability to operate across a broad and complex business unit with multiple stakeholders
- You have an understanding of the key aspects of finance especially as related to Technology. Specifically including total cost of ownership and value
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, and have a real passion for actively learning and researching new methods of work and new technology
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Source code control management systems (e.g. SVN/Git, Subversion) and build tools like Maven
- Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, Neo4J)
- Software development best practices such as TDD (e.g. JUnit), automated testing (e.g. Gauge, Cucumber, FitNesse), continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD)
- Linux command line and shell scripting languages
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL)
- Cloud computing, SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Atlassian tooling (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
- Developing with modern JDK (v1.7+) or ScalaJa
- Automated Testing: JUnit, Selenium, LoadRunner, SoapUI
- Strong knowledge of appropriate programming and scripting languages – Be proficient in .Net, .Net framework 4.5, WCF or related technology, AJAX, and JSON, and some type of automated testing