Sr Apigee API Engineer
1015 Windward Ridge Parkway ALPHARETTA, GA 30005
Lead API Engineer
- Lead the API enablement pipeline across the enterprise working with multiple stakeholders on the Engineering and Product teams.
- Design and Develop secure and scalable API proxies and common components (Shared flows, Policies) that can be used across different proxies.
- Design API specifications using OpenAPI Specifications/YAML
- Develop coding standards, methodology and repeatable process
- Build Proof of Concept (PoCs) independently and effectively
- Participate in the peer code review process to keep code quality high.
- Collaborating with API engineers and back end engineers to improve the quality of APIs and assist in establishing best practices / processes across products.
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and work you are doing
- You have the ability to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- You will need extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
- You are part of a community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
- BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required
- 6+ Years of progressive work experience designing and developing Enterprise APIs using standard technologies.
- Experience in API management system preferably Apigee API management and product lifecycle from product creation to deploying it in market place for customers to consume.
- You have experience in managing the API Management system and worked with multiple stakeholders to enable usage of the platform
- Experience in API lifecycle management, API security, API routing.
- Experience in cloud platforms (AWS or GCP) integrating restful services using API as a facade.
- Experience in leading a team of developers.
- Experience in delivering secured and scalable API leveraging Api gateway.
- Experience using Git and/or Bitbucket as source control
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins
- You are interested and able to learn other coding languages as needed
- You can write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- You have experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- You adore working in a fast paced and agile development environment
- You possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- You have detailed knowledge of modern software development lifecycles including CI / CD
- You have the ability to operate across a broad and complex business unit with multiple stakeholders