Solutions Integration Architect
2375 E Camelback Rd. Suite 600, Phoenix, AZ Phoenix, AZ 85016
Solutions Integration Architect
The Solutions Integration Architect oversees the architecture, design, and testing of the integrations & interoperability of software programs, vendor applications, and third-party solutions; these duties would include data integration and workflow design of integration solutions in consultation with analysts, designers, and system owners of vendor application systems.
As the subject matter expert, the solutions integration architect must understand client requirements and how our client' s solutions fit into these requirements. The ideal candidate will be business-focused, possess strong technical aptitude and excellent client-facing communication skills, and understand electric utility power system operations and related IT applications. Successful candidates will be able to bridge the gap between business and technology, manage client resources, drive technical solutions to timely completion, and identify, analyze, and extract key data from heterogeneous systems. This role works closely with a wide variety of customers from senior project managers to developers, business units within client and the customer’ s team to generate solutions and helps the utility customer understand the solution and its impact on utility operations.
• Consult with customers to scope, design, document, implement and deliver system integration solutions to accomplish their business goals.
• Architect new solutions and deliver new services, which meet the needs of the customer.
• Work directly with customers to create data mappings involved in architecting the integration solution.
• Actively participate in the evolution of integration best practices, tools and processes within.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of newly-integrated software programs and applications.
• May install and configure software at customer' s site and perform user acceptance testing and mentoring of customer staff while onsite.
• Understand data quality and how data quality can impact the final integrated solution.
• Support integration testing phase of software and applications under development in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
• Plan for, test and troubleshoot integration interfaces.
• Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Provides integration interface enhancement ideas to Product Management to drive future improvements around ease of integration and service delivery.
• Develop standards, best practices, patterns and processes to support and facilitate integration projects
• Ability to travel as needed (up to 50%)
• Knowledge of electric utility operations.
• Expertise in how utilities operate, various back end IT systems (MDM, AMI, OMS, GIS, DMS, SCADA, CIS, DRMS) that they use, information stored in these systems, their functionality and operation.
• Power system analysis experience.
• Expertise in electric system asset modeling, mathematical algorithms and methodologies used in all of the above systems. This also including combining/layering information from the above systems to extract significantly more value than those systems alone.
• Experience with analytics preferred.
• The ideal candidate should have experience in data modeling using relational databases. This including storing and managing large amount of data.
• Experience and knowledge of security standards.
• Strong understanding of multiple data formats and protocols, including CIM based formats and protocols (IEC 61970/61968, IEC 61850, AMI/MDM related protocols, etc), MultiSpeak based set of data formats and protocols, CYMDIST, Shapefiles, DNP3, XML based protocols, Webservices (SOAP, Google Data APIs, etc)
• Experience with Active Directory, authentication, virtualization, firewalls, etc.
• Experience with configuration management (configuring integration adapters and configuring software settings for customer use.
• Experience providing extensive consulting services to utilities including gathering customer requirements.
• Excellent communication, written and organizational skills. Ability to consult with the customer on business processes and recommend solutions.
• Ability to evaluate complex Data Bus Architectures and evaluate feasibility of L+G’ s standard proposed solutions
• Demonstrated ability to provide support for customer’ s technical teams to develop their AMI business integration rules and process flows.
• Can maintain exceptional customer engagement skills with the ability to follow up on requested features and requirements which results in overall scope of expectation and meet the customer’ s satisfaction expectations.
• Represent client in a positive, professional and enthusiastic manner when working with both external and internal customers.
• Support and adhere to Company’ s core values.
• B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering (Power Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred)
• At least 10 years integration experience with 5 years focus on integration architecture.
• Highly fluent in multiple Web Service standards and technologies including: WCF, XML, SOAP, WSDL,
• XSD, REST, XSLT (7 years minimum)
• Experience working in the electric utility industry with knowledge of utility distribution IT systems such as GIS, AMI, OMS, and MDMS