Solutions Architect Wireless
Horsham, PA 19044
The Solution Architect’ s role is to develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical network architecture. This individual is a Senior Infrastructure Architect/Engineer with responsibility for complex enterprise infrastructure environments primarily focused on network technologies. This leader is responsible for maintaining network standards, strategic network roadmaps, and network solution designs across the organization. The Network Architect will gain organizational commitment for all high-level network infrastructure plans, and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Network Analysts, Network Engineers, Network Administrators, and other Architects.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of network development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and network flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in network technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Participate in the development of network strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all network procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure network services have sufficient capacity, stability, and agility to satisfy service level agreements with business units.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote network Wireless devices and appliances across the organization’ s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on wireless products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Design company Wireless networks, including Controllers, Access Points, ISE, Guest Access, Appliances, Monitoring Solutions and other devices.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives on the company’ s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Review new and existing network design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’ s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Lead and administrate a contingent of network administrators and engineers.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex network development and gain buy-in for all network architecture plans.
- Manage and set priorities for the architectural design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all network infrastructures, including LANs, WANs, VMs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Ensure compliance of network devices to Company standards in regards to device configuration and deployments.? Define and maintain SOPs and quality standards
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Ensure that the solutions being implemented are compliant with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant experience in setting vision and strategy for the leveraged use of network technology and the executive communication skills to present and influence business partners and industry experts in line with the defined vision.
- 12+ years of overall enterprise IT experience.
- 10+ years’ experience managing, developing and delivering strategic network architectural design and operational excellence.
- Provide strong technical expertise in WLAN / RF technologies
- Be knowledgeable of AirMagnet wireless site survey software(or similar)
- Experience in a Global Regulated Organization; technical leader in a large, complex enterprise network environments
- SME in Cisco wireless, 5508 & 2504 controllers
- Cisco ISE experience, 802.1X
- Cisco Prime infrastructure
- Spectrum Analysis, performance tools
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, traffic flow, and data processing concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Extensive experience with developing strategic plans.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization’ s goals and objectives.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network wireless principles, and general wireless management best practices.
- Personal Attributes
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and member of a crossfunctional team
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
CCNP (Wireless) required.
CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert) preferred.
ITIL a plus.