Software Quality Assurance Manager
2801 Network Blvd Suite 500 Frisco, TX 75034 | Direct Hire
Manage and lead in the creation and execution of QA and testing processes, test strategies and plans, issue documentation. Ensure quality-centric key performance indexes are met via SDLC process improvement, education of peers, and regular review.
• Develop test plans and strategies for delivering on software releases.
• Provide direction with internal and external team members to develop and execute test plans to achieve deadlines.
• Establish and track metrics for measuring team effectiveness.
• Establish techniques and standards for the improvement of the QA effort.
• Develop and implement plans for increasing test coverage for all products.
• Develop plans and participate in the training of new team members.
• Develop and drive a high-level test automation strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy - increasing the test automation footprint to 100% adoption.
• Responsible for layers of testing in functionality, compatibility, reliability, performance, exploratory/ad hoc, load/stress, usability of web applications, database, and related projects across all environments, and aspects that impacts system security.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality is incorporated early in the SDLC.
• Provide technical expertise to the QA team on leveraging tools to support full range of testing.
• Provide documentation of test results in a manner that is consumable by internal and external customers.
• Work with development teams and internal IT partners (architects, designers and programmers) to create automation architectures, frameworks, coding standards and naming conventions.
• Provide transparency to colleagues and internal customers into QA procedures and outcomes.
• Provide third level on-call support during expedited or major product releases.
• Evaluating and selecting technology partners and vendors
• Must be able to roll-up sleeves and perform testing efforts.
• Experience managing QA in an Agile software development environment
• Working knowledge on the use of software testing automation frameworks such as Appium, Selenium, JMeter, or other equivalent frameworks.
• Data analysis abilities using Excel, SQL Enterprise Manager/ Query Analyzer, etc.
• Must have extensive knowledge of product problem domain, such that the ability to diagnose issues that may be caused by enhancements, fixes, and new technology.
• Experience using Fiddler or other utilities for RESTful API testing.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Quality Assurance methodology certification (Six Sigma [Lean], 8D, etc.)
• Experience testing integrations between systems
• Knowledge of testing and quality assurance methodologies
• Working knowledge of penetration testing tools and frameworks such as OWASP
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and cross departmentally.
• Strong desire and ability to guide, develop and empower employees towards meeting company and individual goals.
• Demonstrate analytical skills and intermediate data analysis abilities.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and a functional level.
• Commitment to high-level of customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’ s Degree
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Manager
• Minimum 3 years of experience with test automation configuration and script creation
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Breadth of quality across platforms
• Reduction of issue ticket lifecycle
• Number of reported issues by customers
Duties listed are not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.