Software Engineer- Specialist
11432 Lackland Rd St Louis, MO 63146
• Applies a theoretical knowledge-base to work to achieve goals through own work
• Characterized by specific functional expertise typically gained through formal education
• May provide guidance to others as a project manager using technical expertise
• Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise to operate independently and provide informal leadership to others
• Uses sophisticated critical thinking skills, leading others to solve complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovation solutions
• Makes decisions guided by policies in nonstandard situations that impact the achievement of customer, operational, or project objectives
• Forecasts and plans resource requirements for complex projects or initiatives
• Demonstrates prowess in the current state of the art for software engineering methodology and keeps abreast of the latest developments in future methods and/or best practices.
• Use engineering methodology to facilitate the ideation, creation and eventual running of a software system in a production capacity.
• Engage with clients to envision large scale revenue-generating systems/platforms, and translate that vision to system design (enterprise scale).
• Lead project team in the development, testing, deployment of new applications per given business requirements.
• Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
• Defines and owns accountability in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
• Identify improvements in systems and work processes
• Significant decision making in implementation of product features/stories. Defines architectural guidance and development/build standards for team or group of teams.