Software Engineer- Specialist
11432 Lackland Road St. Louis, MO 63146
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of short and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure. Often involved in modifying or adapting existing designs. Reviews Technology requirements and business processes; codes, test, debugs and implements software solutions. Roles are often project based, delivering Technology change within the business.
Develops and maintains technical capabilities and products to meet the business needs. Provides engineering support in the conceptualization, development, implementation and automation of technical capabilities and products. Provides technical advice and consultation on complex, critical programming applications.
• Applies a theoretical knowledge-base to work to achieve goals through own work
• Characterized by specific functional expertise typically gained through formal education
• May provide guidance to others as a project manager using technical expertise
• Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise to operate independently and provide informal leadership to others
• Uses sophisticated critical thinking skills, leading others to solve complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovation solutions
• Makes decisions guided by policies in nonstandard situations that impact the achievement of customer, operational, or project objectives
• Forecasts and plans resource requirements for complex projects or initiatives
• Demonstrates prowess in the current state of the art for software engineering methodology and keeps abreast of the latest developments in future methods and/or best practices.
• Use engineering methodology to facilitate the ideation, creation and eventual running of a software system in a production capacity.
• Engage with clients to envision large scale revenue-generating systems/platforms, and translate that vision to system design (enterprise scale).
• Lead project team in the development, testing, deployment of new applications per given business requirements.
• Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
• Defines and owns accountability in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
• Identify improvements in systems and work processes
• Significant decision making in implementation of product features/stories. Defines architectural guidance and development/build standards for team or group of teams.