Software Engineer II
3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract To Hire
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
- Implement platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams.
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a high performing and highly available production system.
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 3+ years of development experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong Java and/or .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes, and agile development methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services is a plus.
- Experience with SiteMinder, PingFederate or Cognito is a plus.
- Experience with DataPower is a plus.