Software Development Manager
3475 Piedmont Road Suite 450 atlanta, GA 30305 | Direct Hire
Software Development Manager
The Software Development Manager position is responsible for managing, coaching and developing one or more Agile software development teams. The manager will be responsible for leading design, implementation, and maintenance of one or more web applications and web services.
This person will work closely with the Product Owner / Business Analyst to define the team’ s direction, assist with the day to day project management of the Scrum team, provide technical assistance and leadership to Software Development and Quality Assurance Engineers on team, and help coordinate product feature releases and the resolution of maintenance issues. The ideal candidate is someone technical with a strong background as a software developer familiar with the technologies used by the team who has had experience managing software teams and acting as Scrum Master to an Agile development team.
This position is estimated to be about a third technical leadership, a third Scrum project management, and a third team management and coaching.
- Manage one or more teams of software developers and QA engineers using Agile development processes
- Act as Scrum Master for teams facilitating and coordinating good Agile development practices
- Work closely with the Product Owner / Business Analyst to ensure the teams have clear direction on what to build
- Participate in and help facilitate Scrum ceremonies such as daily standups, backlog grooming, estimation, sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint demos, tracking team velocity and capacity
- Provide technical leadership and direction as needed to assist development teams with technical obstacles and design decisions – expected to have the necessary technical proficiency
- Perform career coaching and performance reviews of direct reports to help them succeed in the company
- Responsible for the successful on-time delivery of high quality product releases meeting our client needs
- Responsible for ensuring test plans are followed, executed to ensure quality delivery
- Implement best practices for the team and drive constant improvement in development and testing practice.
- Lead the software engineer hiring efforts and creating evaluation criteria
- Work with sales and Practice Leads to develop high-level estimates for clients
Requirements / Experience:
- 7+ years proven experience building web-based scalable enterprise applications with involvement in multiple full life-cycle projects
- 2+ years of experience as Software Development Manager in a Scrum/Agile development environment with at least 4 direct reports
- 1+ years as experience as Scrum Master in a Scrum/Agile development environment
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software developer with C# experience required
- Extended tenure (3+ years) with a single company strongly preferred
- Experience using many of the following technologies is a plus: C#, ASP.Net MVC Web API, Entity Framework, REST, Angular, SQL
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, common design patterns, industry best practices, and emerging technologies
- Servant leader mentality with a focus on coaching rather than “ command and control” style leadership
- Strong team player and committed to the success of the group
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and team collaboration skills with ability to engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Clearly communicate status, road-blocks and concerns to the team on an ongoing basis.