Software Development Engineer Lead IV
Glastonbury, CT 06002
Software Development Engineer Lead IV
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Proven track record of designing, building, documenting and supporting enterprise applications.
• In-depth understanding and demonstrated expertise working with Microsoft web-based technologies including ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API. Experience with ASP.NET Core is also a plus. Must also be thoroughly grounded in the fundamentals of REST.
• Substantial experience with the following technologies: Unity, MOQ, MEF (Microsoft Extensibility Framework), Microsoft Enterprise Library and WIF (Windows Identity Foundation).
• Solid experience working with one or more ORMs including Entity Framework and NHibernate.
• Strong database skills a must. Should be completely adept when it comes to working with Oracle and SQL Server. Knowledgeable on every aspect of DDL, DML and DCL.
• Experience working in Azure or other cloud-based environment.
• Thoroughly proficient with all facets of application testing including performance, stress, unit, integration and smoke testing. Recent experience with tools like Fiddler, Postman and SoapUI is also required.
• Conduct design and code reviews across project work
• Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to colleagues, users and staff
• Design, develop and implement comprehensive testing strategies. A strong understanding of unit testing, mocking and integration testing is required.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
• Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations
• Knowledge of, and ability to use, strategies, practices and tools for developing content to support sale, implementation, support and use of software products.
• Knowledge of concepts, philosophies, processes and disciplines for service-oriented IT architecture; ability to design and manage a service-based IT architecture that emphasizes sharing of business processes and supports business agility
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience with Mobile back end development; strong knowledge of authentication and authorization for mobile technology.
• Working knowledge of Identity and Access Management standards including OpenID Connect, OAuth 2, WS-Federation, SAML and FIDO U2F/UAF.
• Experience with token-based authentication including working with JWTs.
• Hands-on experience working with LDAP, Active Directory and third-party identity providers.
• Strong security background and fully versed on OWASP standards.
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply knowledge to solve technical and business problems
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Deep knowledge of software engineering and computer science fundamentals (e.g. design patters, best practices, etc.)
• Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems
• Thorough understanding of security-based design patterns
• Tenacious desire to continually learn new technologies
• Solid experience with Agile development
• End to end experience across the entire software development lifecycle (Design, Specifications, Code Review, Performance Testing, Unit Testing, guidance documentation)
• Track record of delivering production quality software.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a project team in a cooperative effort