Software Developer (.NET)
Austin, TX 78714
- Designs, codes and modifies complex computer programs, subroutines, triggers, stored procedures, objects, classes and scripts using C#, ASP.net, and Oracle Database.
- Performs necessary testing of assigned programs, including the generation of test data, writing test scripts/execution sequences, examining test results, debugging detected errors, etc.
- Uses current software development methods/techniques and established development standards (which include programming standards, documentation standards and testing standards) to ensure the quality and maintainability of applications.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure compliance with development standards and system/business requirements.
- Works with trainers, technical support staff, network specialists and contract staff to perform modifications and/or updates to existing systems or to implement new systems.
- Identifies, investigates and resolves production problems.
- This may include analyzing problems, coding, testing, implementing and training of other technical staff and/or customers.
- Analyzes requirements for new applications/enhancements to be implemented in the division.
- Works with a software development team.
- Communicates with other team members to coordinate development efforts.
- Provides development status to the team leader or project manager.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of systems documentation.
- Experience in computer programming, analysis and development of complex business processes and system solutions
- Experience in coding, testing, and debugging of programs that are in development and/or requiring support for issue resolution, performance or enhancement
- Ability to process information logically; to design programs and systems logic; to prepare program specifications.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others motivate employee and elicit work output
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology industry trends, directions and market experience; ability to relate them to own organization
- Knowledge of architectural concepts, principles, and tools relevant to infrastructure, information, applications, organizational structure, etc.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (new to company systems as well as those that are new to the information systems industry)
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated processing, company technology practices, standards and procedures
- Knowledge of solution delivery utilizing Agile or Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with company' s information architecture and information management methodologies
- Familiarity with the existing and planned software technology and the global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components