304 Administration Dr. Denton, TX 76204
- Experience developing and maintaining applications in more than one of the following domains of knowledge:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), Ellucian Colleague
- Object-Oriented Programming (Java or C#)
- Web application development
- Application-as-a-Service development (SaaS)
- Mobile application development
· In-depth knowledge of relational database concepts and design principles, and hands-on development experience using SQL, PL/SQL, and/or NoSQL.
- Strong working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including ability to present ideas in user- friendly, business-friendly and technical language) and interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, including ability to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems.
- Ability to build effective relationships and strong commitment to working collegially and collaboratively with constituents at all levels in a diverse and distributed environment.
- Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment, including related university software and email.
Application Development and Support
- Uses accepted application development and project planning methods to design, develop, test, implement, maintain, and support the university’ s major enterprise information systems, interfaces, and related applications.
- Assists in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new software systems and services, whether hosted onsite, custom developed, or provided as a cloud service.
- In collaboration with university partners, develops and/or reviews functional requirements and recommends technical solutions that reflect modern application development practices and maximize software capabilities, process efficiency, and user experience.
- Writes and maintains clear technical specifications and documentation, and provides training to users and technical support staff, as appropriate.
- Participates in system testing during software and infrastructure upgrade cycles, following test plans and documenting results.
- Performs routine system administration tasks as needed, including monitoring operations and performance.
- Provides high quality and timely application support, including responding to incident/ problem tickets and troubleshooting errors and issues with university enterprise systems.
- Works closely with product experience owners and project managers through all phases of software development lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure user experience design methodologies are included in software development.
- Serves as a liaison between system users and vendors to manage issues through to final resolution.
Technical Architecture and Leadership
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the architecture of the university’ s enterprise ecosystem and core systems, including the functions and relationships of various subsystems, modules, and underlying data models.
- Researches, recommends, and pilots innovations in the technical architecture of enterprise systems, including leading or participating in projects, as assigned.
- Trains and mentors other Application Developers in their area.
- Maintains the team’ s documentation repository, takes a lead role in documenting code and common support procedures, and encourages and facilitates cross-training.
- Stays current with emerging trends and advances in administrative computing that may have relevance to the university’ s evolving needs and goals. Proactively educates other team members on findings and new insights.
- Continuously evaluates internal processes, procedures, practices, and standards and proactively proposes changes to bring greater efficiencies.