Site Reliability Engineer
11432 Lackland Road St. Louis, MO 63146
Site Reliability Engineer
Contract to Hire role in St. Louis, MO
We are seeking professionals to be responsible for overall system operation, utilizing a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad set of problems.
• Engage in and improve the software development life cycle – from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
• Influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems
• Support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
• Maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
• Automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
• Practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless postmortems
• Re-mediate tasks within corrective action plan via sustainable, preventative, and automated measures whenever possible
• Work with cloud operations team to resolve trouble tickets, developing and running scripts, and troubleshooting.
• Create new tools and scripts designed for auto-remediation of incidents.
• Design/Implementation of Big Data technologies, including Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, Spark, ELK, etc
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
• 7 years of experience in software development and maintenance.
• 2+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud
• Experience in monitoring infrastructure and application up time and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
• Experience with Web service technologies, including REST, SOAP, JSON, XML
• Experience with database (RDBMS, NoSql) technologies is a plus.
• Demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security and databases
• System administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and/or containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
• Experience managing Infrastructure as code via tools such as Terra form or Cloud-formation
• A passion for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible
• Experience building software or maintaining systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
• Experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team