3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339
Senior Software Engineer with expertise in administration of the ServiceNow platform.
The ideal candidate would have significant experience administering ServiceNow instances and working with teams that provide manual and automated HR & IT fulfillment services.
This position is focused on the implementation, configuration and maintenance initiatives of ServiceNow. This person must work closely with other Engineers, Business Analysts and Process Owners throughout the organization, as well as external development/customization partners. The administrator will deliver solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to vendor best practices, as well as defined technology, governance and security standards.
- Administration of Users/Groups/Roles, with increasing focus to automate the approval and fulfillment of this job function. Synchronization with Active Directory and development of customer-facing Service Requests are key factors for success.
- Ensuring onboarding/off-boarding processes facilitate ServiceNow security.
- All aspects of ServiceNow HR/ITOM/ITSM module implementation, configuration and maintenance.
- System Health Checks and Remediation of findings.
- Maintain multiple cloud-based ServiceNow Instances, working with development stakeholders to keep Instances refreshed on a schedule.
- Submitting Change Requests for all changes to the Production Instance.
- Working with internal and external development personnel to facilitate moving update sets for approved development into Production.
- Maintain on-prem MID Servers that are utilized for CMDB Discovery and Orchestration.
- Drive a systematic process to communicate and coordinate the testing and implementation of Upgrades and Patches with internal stakeholders, fulfilling the role of librarian for validation checklists.
- Configure integrations with external applications using ServiceNow Inbound/Outbound Email functions, as well as REST and SOAP protocols.
- Product expertise with ServiceNow Scheduling/On-Call Rota, Service Portal, Order Guide and Orchestration.
- Design processes and write both internal and externally-facing support documentation.
- Process Improvement to the ServiceNow platform to align with vendor best practices and corporate governance.
- Balance ServiceNow project-oriented initiatives with fulfillment of daily Incidents & ad-hoc Service Requests. Meet or exceed expected delivery dates for projects and request, and for Incident Service-Level Agreements.
- Other job duties as assigned by management.
Preferred Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the ServiceNow platform, with extensive concentration implementing, configuring and maintaining:
- ServiceNow Platform (Business Rules, UI Actions, UI Policies, User/Group/Role/ACL Administration, Workflow, MID Servers, etc.)
- Core Service Management processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog/Request, Service Portal, Knowledge, Asset, Service Level Agreements)
- Core Operations Management processes (Configuration/CMDB, Discovery, Event Management, Service Mapping)
- Core HR Case Management processes
- Knowledge Management
- Reports, Performance Analytics and Dashboards
- Integrating with Active Directory for user account management, including extensive automation
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification.
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist Certifications for both HR and IT
- Degree in Information Technology or 5+ years of significant, relevant hands-on experience and certifications.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of architecture, databases and security concepts, as it applies to the ServiceNow application.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with attention to the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to resolve ambiguous requests, identify root cause and resolve issues quickly.
- Strong self-motivation, attention to detail, accuracy and accountability.