Senior Software Engineer- C++
Atlanta, GA 30328
This position requires a self-motivated individual who would be responsible for the full lifecycle development of C/C++ programs. The Software Engineer will engage in a variety of analytical and programming assignments that facilitate the development, enhancement, and maintenance of software applications that focus on high volume point of sale transactions, and payment processing technologies. Knowledge of payment technology is a plus.
- Architect, design and develop software that solves business requirements
- Enhance existing software packages to fit unique customer needs and configuration
- Conduct unit testing of application code to ensure it produces the intended results
- Participates in post mortems and create recommendations to eliminate future application errors
- Troubleshoot software applications utilizing diagnostic skills related to software and hardware setup, database management, data analysis, networking, and operating system configuration
- Assists the production support team to identify and solve issues
- Participate in automated regression testing of the developed code base
- Collaborate with other developers on feature integration into other and encompassing systems
- Adhere to established policies and procedures
- 7 - 10 years of strong software engineering experience with C++.
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE
- Experience working on Unix platforms like Linux, AIX etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with Database Systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc
- Must be a quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in other high-level programming languages such as Java, python a plus
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Bash, Perl, is a plus.
- Experience using software development tools including source control (Git, SVN), quality management ( Agile Central), and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins), debuggers (gdb), is a plus.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud, Azure Cloud, Agile methodology a plus
- Experience with understanding of payment standards like ISO 8583 and PCI compliance
- Payment industry/financial transaction experience
- BS/MS degree completed or in the works (Computer Science, Engineering or related)