Senior Data Engineer
5700 Broadmoor St, Suite 900 Mission, KS 66202
This position needs someone with operational experience of SQL server, with extensive TSQL optimization, and some development experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 and newer.
- Experience with query optimization using a variety of methods, for high volume OLTP workloads and long-running reports.
- Relational database modeling experience.
- Heavy experience with writing/optimizing TSQL
- TSQL code reviews
- Familiarity with .NET data access patterns (Entity framework and other ORMs, connection settings, troubleshooting, etc.) for the purpose of communicating changes with developers.
- Understanding of hardware configurations that contribute to performance (CPU/parallelism, storage configuration, networking/latency)
- Understanding of windows security as it relates to database access (SQL logins vis windows authentication, active directory, service accounts, etc.)
- Experience with server monitoring at the SQL and windows level (SQL tools/queries, perfmon, extended events)
- Ability to capture data for performance research and trend analysis.
- Understanding of row store vs. column store indexes
- Ability to communicate effectively to developers and management regarding issues and best practices
- Experience with AWS RDS a plus.