Senior Data Engineer-
1177 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floo New York City, NY 10036
Senior Data Engineer. NYC
- Help establish CI/CD workflows and cloud deployment using Docker and the Azure Container Services.
- Redevelop Python or R based predictive models and applications as RESTful microservices using Python and Flask.
- Advocate for software engineering best practices, perform code review, and facilitate collaboration.
- Participate and execute various projects in the fields of statistics, machine learning and deep learning. Collaborate with a team of data scientists and engineers.
- Adapt and customize machine learning and natural language processing to execute core data ingestion and transformation tasks: translations, validations, exception detection. Work with both commercial software solutions and open source software.
- Employ image recognition and natural language processing to capture data from unstructured data including image, text and handwriting.
- Build data pipelines based on modern IT architectures (batch & streaming). Configure extract/transform/load software and rules engines.
- Carry out research on statistical, machine learning and deep learning methods and technologies that could offer potential competitive advantages.
- Networking with already existing data-intensive units in the area of analysis and reporting, as well as with IT to form an analytics community. Collaborate with internal partners
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Engineering, equivalent field or substantial coursework in relevant disciplines.
- 3-5 years of experience developing software or analyzing large datasets.
- Insurance or financial services background is preferred but not required
- Experience with Python, Flask, SQL, Software Engineering, API or web service development, Hadoop and Distributed Computing.